For Visitors to the Montgomery Canal
Hotels, Pubs and B&B’s.
(1) THE QUEEN’S HEAD. By bridge number 76. Bar and restaurant with conservatory eating
area and garden. Meals available lunch time and evenings every day. Children welcome.
It is advisable to book in advance. Tel:-
(2) CANAL CENTRAL Maesbury Canal Side Post Office. Shop, Tearoom, Accommodation .
(3) CROSS GUNS INN A short walk up the hill from bridge number 91 at Pant .Marstons
and Banks' Real Ale. Bar meals lunchtime and evening every day. Garden. Children
(4)CROSS KEYS HOTEL Llanymynech Near to bridge 92. Tetley's and Ansells Real Ale.
Meals lunch time and evenings every day. Children welcome. B & B . Tel:-
(5) THE VILLAGE PANTRY. Also in Llanymynech and sited close to the canal, across
the road from the central car park is a small cafe called The Village Pantry. Ideal
for Walkers and Cyclists, it is open Monday-
(6) GOLDEN LION INN. Four Crosses A short walk from the Four Crosses Inn . Banks',
Worthington and a guest Real Ale. Bar meals lunch time and evenings every day. Children
welcome. B & B. Tel:-
(7) HORSE SHOE INN. A short walk northwards from bridge number 103 at Arddleen
brings you to the Horse Shoe Inn. Bar meals daily. Childrens play area. Tel:-
(8) POWIS ARMS Poolquay. A short walk from Poolquay Lock. Free House. Real Ale. Traditional
Food. Warm friendly atmosphere. B&B Tel:-
(9) MOORS FARM (self-
(10)ROYAL OAK Welshpool A short walk from bridge number 119, by the traffic lights.
Worthington, Tetleys and a guest RealAle. Cafe/bar/restaurant open from 7-
(11) THE PHEASANT INN Welshpool. On the main street. A black and white timbered
town pub with open fire. Worthingtons and a selection of guest Real Ales. Bar meals
served lunch time daily. Beer garden. Children welcome. Tel:-
(12) HORSESHOES Brithdir. At bridge number 125. A large garden to the rear, away
from the road contains fine examples of lime kilns. Banks' and Tetleys Real Ale.
Meals, lunch time and evenings daily. Bar snacks. Children welcome. Tel:-
(13) TALBOT HOTEL Berriew. By the River Rhiw, just up from Berriew Aqueduct and
past the church. Bass and Worthington Real Ales. Evening meals daily. Patio seating.
B & B. Children welcome. Tel:;-
(14) LION HOTEL Berriew. Past the Talbot, cross the river over Berriew Bridge into
the village centre. Traditional black and white country pub with excellent accommodation
(15) NAGS HEAD INN. Garthmyl. Near to BridgeNo.131 this Inn was formerly a coaching
inn for passing trade along the main trunk road from north to south Wales and has
always been a destination on the Montgomery Canal. Tel:-
Please close this page with your “X” button.